Welcome! I’m so glad you found me! I am a licensed psychologist providing individual and couples counseling. I am passionate about helping adults, college students, teens and couples achieve greater peace and satisfaction in their lives and in their relationships.
My approach to therapy is individualized based on the needs of each unique client. I provide insight-oriented therapy with the belief that you, the client, are the expert on your life and that my role is to provide guidance and input on your journey. While my approach is influenced by psychodynamic theory, I also draw from attachment theory and new concepts originating from neurobiological research that confirm our need for relatedness and safety. My extensive education and training in these various approaches allows me to put the specific needs and issues of the individual client first rather than fitting the client into a specific framework.
Dr. Christy Weller
- Licensed Psychologist in the state of Colorado
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) from the University of Denver.
- Masters in Clinical Psychology from the University of Denver.
- Post-doctoral residency at the University of Colorado’s department of Psychological Health and Psychiatry.
- American Psychological Association approved pre-doctoral internship at a college counseling center.
Professional Training and Experience:
- University of Colorado, Wardenburg Health Center, Department of Psychological Health and Psychiatry
- Metropolitan State College of Denver Counseling Center
- University of Colorado, Counseling and Psychological Services
- Kaiser Permanente, Outpatient Behavioral Health
- Denver Health, Child and Adolescent Outpatient Behavioral Health
- Professional Psychology Center
- PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy) Level II trained therapist
My therapeutic style is warm, interactive, and empathetic. You can expect to be treated with care and respect. You can count on authenticity, a kind appreciation of where you have been, an objective and non-judgmental stance, and some gentle humor thrown in when appropriate. My hope is that therapy is a place for you to slow down, receive support and guidance, and better understand your experiences.
I have a full-time private practice located in downtown Boulder, CO. I earned my Bachelors in Psychology from the University of Colorado at Boulder, my Masters in Clinical Psychology from the University of Denver, and my Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) from the University of Denver. In order to receive my doctorate, I was a graduate student for four years and obtained over 3,000 hours working as a therapist doing psychotherapy and psychological/cognitive assessments. I completed my clinical internship at Metro State Counseling Center, where I provided assessments and individual, couples, and group psychotherapy to a diverse population of students. I then completed a post-doctoral residency at the University of Colorado on their eating disorder treatment team.
I have experience providing individual and couples therapy at hospitals, college counseling centers, a community mental health center, and in private practice. I love my job and continually feel both humbled and honored to have the opportunity to know people on a deeper, more personal level and to witness great changes.